Wednesday 26 August 2009

People and times. and community and painting and friends and fun

This evening despite starting the day not feeling very well I find myself excited for the coming week. Starting tomorrow I'm seeing old friends, family and beginning birthday celebrations, even though my birthday is not for a couple of weeks.

However short piece of trivia for you, I was born two weeks late, so today would have been my birthday had this not been the case.

I'm liking the little community we have at the moment in our part of the world. Having people to stay, people over for dinner, people feeling free to pop in, having an open house, having girly nights, cooking, baking, deep and meaningful chats, eating ice-cream and watching bridget jones, taking photos of such events.

Life, painting rooms, helping each other out. and having fun whilst doing it, and the fact that it comes naturally, everyone is happy to be a part of it and include one and all.

What made today wonderful do you ask?

  • I spent the morning chillaxing and watching pointless programmes such as smallville on the tv.
  • My sister came over for lunch and brough lovely things to eat. I very much delight in spending time with her. We giggled and watched movies and chatted.
  • Lucy came home from work, a pleasure in itself, but she called on the way to inform me that it was compulsery we got into our pj's and watched bridget jones with ice-cream ( it definately helped me to feel beter)
  • Ben dropped by for a visit, mr everything is fixable! I havent seen him for a while which was funtimes. we played with my new remote control robot. oh yes. ROBOT.
  • This evening conversations were had regarding parties occuring next week. EXCITED.
  • now i'm speaking to pleasant people on the internet and watching funny things.
Last night I spent some time on youtube, it reminded me of how much I like making video's i wish I had time to do more.

Maybe I will.

Feast your eyes on these beautiful people.

Despite business and far too much to do, today is a happy day.
Lucy, kiki and myself, fellow housemates.






Clothing £1, at your local pound shop, bargain.
American boy. Very very special fellow.
To be seen in the next issue of Ideal homes. (student edition)

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yay... for the first time in a while I read a blog post, which happened to belong to you, lovely Kat, and it made me smile.
Smiles are good.
Thank you for making me smile.
I miss this community of which you talk. Muchly.