Tuesday 24 February 2009

Lent

A couple of years ago I was living in brixton, my small group I had begun to set up didn't really happen one wednesday.. (due to the fact that no one turned up) So to help with my slight disappointment, my two lovely housemates and I... made pancakes.

It wasn't pancake day but was a very joyous occasion, good times were had, and not all of them ended up on the floor due to over exited tossing high into the air!

Making pancakes is fun, I don't know why, but it is a social and yummy time. Tonight we will make pancakes, and they will be good.

I was thinkng about lent too today on the way to placement.

Things I am giving up, include getting stressed, if thats possible, I get far too stressed when I could just stay calm and give things to God. Lets hope in the trying it will be somewhat beneficial. I see it as a challenge, an exciting challenge. More time spent having fun and focusing on whats really imprtant rather than stressing over the little things.

Another thing which may sound rediculous so I will write it in code, but I am also going to try to stop thinking about jellybeans, this is because I don't need to and they also take up too much of my thought processess.

So giving up stress and jellybeans BUT taking up calling people more, I have become very lax in doing this this term. I Like talking to people on the telephone. I prefer being in person, but if they live far away it can be fun.

Skype is also fun.

Be joyful and eat pancakes today.

2 comments:

David said...

Sounds like a plan. I will probably hold you accountable - more on the stress than on the jellybeans, but one can try.

Someone suggested that if I gave up Facebook that I write letters to people. Methinks it's a nice touch I may just take up.

Kat said...

Thankyou david, that would be lovely of you to do so.

And letters sounds wonderful. I think I need to write more of those too. I'm tempted to add facebook to mine, but I think I might just limit instead, like I did last year.

Happy day of the pan-cake.